Gweta Lodge, as it’s name suggests, is in the small, quaint village of Gweta. It is an oasis after a long and hot trip with a swimming pool and many thatched areas offering shade.
We were there in October 2016.
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Swimming pool
- Bar and restaurant areas
- Good food
- Clean and comfortable chalets
- Meerkat experience
Gweta Lodge is situated in the small village of Gweta which is near Nata (100km). It can be accessed easily from the Maun/Nata road and it is close to the entrances to Nxai Pans (Baine’s baobab) and Makgadikgadi National Park.
There is also a road from Gweta to Lekhubu Island (Kubu Island) on the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans. Please do not use this road when the pans are wet.
- Gweta Lodge has 15 clean and comfortable chalets with an en-suite outside bathroom.
- There is a bar, swimming pool, and relaxed seating areas.
- The restaurant is nicely decorated and serves basic but good food (pizza, hamburgers, wraps etc).
- There is also a braai area
- Camping is also available