Moriti Wa Selemo is a wonderful place to visit, it is situated in a forest, not far from the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans. It is in striking distance of Lekhubu and Kukonje Islands. Stunning views of the Pans can be seen from nearby Kaitshe.
I have been there 5 times: twice camping, once staying in their “Domes” and 3 times as a day visitor. My last visit was Christmas 2013.
- The Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- The view from Kaitshe over the pans
- The swimming pools
- The surrounding area with petrified wood, natural spring and great birding
- Incredible and interesting local knowledge of the owner of the area and the pans
Situated on the South Eastern corner of the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans, just off the Francistown/Orapa Road, east of the Thalamabele veterinary gate. 80km east of Letlhakane.
Accommodation: they have very comfortable “Domes” and permanent tents. Ablutions are shared.
Three private shady campsites are available each with an electrical point, tap, braai and birdbath.
There is a bar, braais, two swimming pools, children play park, pool table and dartboard.
Best time to visit:
All year round. However if you are going to explore the pans the dry season would be better.
- There is plenty to see in the area so a 2 or 3 night stay is recommended.
- Chat with the owner, he will tell you of places and things that so few people visiting Botswana or even living here have ever heard about or seen. Even after 3 years here in the area he tells me of things I never knew. A pan nearby with Flamingos, ritual rocks (created by volcanic action) etc. He also enjoys showing people all these wonders.