Being campers we have never stayed in any accommodation establishment in Kasane, but travelling with non campers we decided to stay at The Old House. However in the past we always made a point of having a lunch there at their great restaurant.
Their air conditioned accommodation is very comfortable, clean and with lovely furnishings and decor. The showers have the best pressure that I have experienced in Botswana.
We also did an evening boat cruise on the Chobe River through them. The boat is great and not crowded. The guide was good as well.
Last visit September 2017
- The lush gardens
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Clean and comfortable rooms.
- Good food at a reasonable price.
- The boat cruise – especially seeing 2 leopards.
- Game drives in the Chobe National Park
The Old House is situated on the Chobe River and just off the main road through Kasane, which is the gateway to the Chobe National Park.
It is well situated for the shops in Kasane.
All the rooms are en-suite with tea and coffee making facilities, air conditioners, mosquito nets and mini fridge.
There is a nice restaurant that produces great food. They also have a well stocked bar.
The pool is very welcoming in the heat of the day and after a dusty game drive.
- After hot and dusty camping trips this is a haven
- The Old House is accessible with any vehicle
- Airport shuttles are available